The goal of each Lavender, Lilac and Lilies’ delivery is to make every recipient smile, feel loved, cared for, important and… ENCOURAGED.
Lavender, Lilac and Lilies is a very small, Bible-based nonprofit (individually run initiative) that simply seeks to encourage others by gifting flowers/floral arrangements, plants, floral wreaths and small gifts as encouragement to those celebrating birthdays and milestones while living in shelters, senior centers, group homes, etc. The flowers/floral arrangements, plants, floral wreaths and small gifts are given to help uplift others in their daily walk. “Welcome Baskets” are also given to individuals and families moving to permanent housing.
Lavender, Lilac and Lilies has identified the following for the delivery of free flowers, plants, wreaths, welcome baskets, etc. (determined by funding, milestone and/or notifications):
- Women’s Shelters
- Pregnant Teen Shelters/Group Homes
- Senior Citizen/Rest Homes
- Sick & Shut-In Members of the Community
- Widow Members of the Community
- Teen (Female) Orphans
- Those who are moving from homelessness to permanent housing
Lavender, Lilac and Lilies was originally based in Greensboro, North Carolina and began by serving Greensboro and the surrounding cities/communities (Burlington, High Point and Kernersville). Lavender, Lilac and Lilies is now based in Wilmington, NC.
- For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” (Galatians 5:14 NIV)
- If it is to encourage, then give encouragement… (Romans 12:8 NIV)
- Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith? And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. (Luke 12: 27-31 KJV)
And, think about it… Giving flowers is an ordinary way to showcase Jesus’ extraordinary love. After all, He provided the beauty and awe that we see IN the flowers!
At the present moment, funding is provided by the founder of Lavender, Lilac and Lilies. Flowers (dried, fresh and/or silk), greenery, floral and wreath supplies, plants, etc. are selected, purchased and then individually arranged for every delivery, and/or items are purchased and arranged for each welcome basket! Gratitude and appreciation is sincerely felt for our donations!
- Sign Language (Novice-Mid: SEE/PSE/ASL)
Lavender, Lilac and Lilies was founded in Fall 2017.
FOUNDER of LAVENDER, LILAC and LILIES: